Especially selected for you: the latest in Dutch and international gaming news.
Gaming in Holland is Hiring a Marketing Assistant
Gaming in Holland is hiring! We are looking for a part-time marketing assistant to join our team.
- Coordinating marketing activities and dealing with suppliers
- Updating the website
- Social media posting
- Managing client databases
Our preferred candidate
- has at least 2-4 years experience in a similar role;
- is tech-savvy and an experienced user of online services;
- is fluent in Dutch (preferably) and English (a must);
- affinity with the gambling sector is a plus.
As you will be mostly working from home, working hours will be flexible.
Interested? Please contact Willem van Oort for more information on how to apply for this position.
Stressing Advantages of Legal Alternatives Would Reduce Use of Unlicensed Gambling Sites
Use of unlicensed offshore gambling sites may be discouraged by focusing on the benefits of domestically licensed sites and ensuring that these can provide a good consumer experience, a new academic survey among Australian gamblers found.
Offshore gamblers were found to be a distinct demographic cohort, and were more highly involved in online gambling. Lack of awareness of gambling regulation did not sufficiently explain use of offshore gambling sites; rather, offshore gamblers tend to choose websites based on ease of use and cues that they were designed for gamblers in the advertised jurisdiction.
Mindway AI Launches New Training Tool to Combat Gambling Addiction
Identifying problem gamblers is one thing, treating them another. Mindway AI has taken a crucial step in the responsible gambling field, extending their solutions to not only entail detection, but also combating addiction.
The new training tool, called Gamechanger, targets the core of problem gambling, i.e. impulsivity. Impulsivity plays a major part in problem gambling, and by learning to control impulsivity, gambling can be kept safe and fun.
Gamechanger is a training tool in which a sequence of gambling-related and non-gambling-related pictures is shown. When using the tool, the subject has to react to non-gambling pictures as fast as possible by touching the screen, while avoiding to touch the screen when gambling pictures appear. This tool trains inhibition control, which is a cognitive process, stimulating a normal response to gambling-related pictures and environments.
Gamechanger is intended to be used by at-risk and problem gamblers.
The following events may be of interest to members of the GiH community.
- The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR) will hold its 2019 Annual Conference in Montego Bay, Jamaica from 30 September to 3 October 2019.
- Kindred’s Sustainable Gambling Conference takes place 8 October, 2019 in Copenhagen.
- On 15 – 16 October, KPMG’s Malta-based Learning Academy and responsible gambling outfit G4 will offer a General Awareness Training on Responsible Gambling, followed by a Responsible Gambling Training for Customer Support Professionals.
- The Responsibility in Gaming Conference, taking place 23 – 24 October, 2019 in Brussels, will focus on what operators and regulators can and should do to create an effective and workable responsible gaming policy.
- Attend Reputation matters: the gambling sector in the spotlight on 7 November, 2019 in London to learn more about the key issues and challenges surrounding the public perception of the gambling industry. Kenny Alexander, CEO of GVC, will deliver the opening keynote.
- Save the Date! VAN Kansspelen is organizing a general product exhibition on November 20, 2019 in Hotel van der Valk in Tiel. More information is available here.
- This year’s Gaming in Spain Conference, which takes place 21 – 22 November, 2019 in Madrid, will focus on sustainable advertising, as well as brand perception and popularity in the maturing Spanish iGaming market.
- World Regulatory Briefing now offers a series of free webinars on topics related to responsible gaming.
Swedish Regulator Claims 91% Channelization Rate in H1 2019
The Swedish online gambling market enjoyed a 91% channelization rate in H1 2019 Swedish regulator Spelinspektionen claimed in a meeting with licensed Swedish operators.
Spelinspektionen also confirmed there are 27 new license applications currently being reviewed.
Last week, Spelinspektionen has contacted a number of payment service providers issuing a warning to them to not conduct business with unlicensed gambling operators.
Meanwhile, live casino supplier Evolution Gaming has pledged to sever ties with unlicensed operators offering its games in the Swedish market.
Almost forty years ago, Holland Casino Scheveningen opened its doors for the first time.
The Swedish gambling trade association Spelbranschens Riksorganisation (SPER) claims that the marketing guidelines drawn up in March have prompted operators to make positive changes to the quantity and content of their advertising in the market.
French heritage casino, leisure and entertainment group Partouche returns to the online gambling scene, launching its new digital property PasinoBet.fr in partnership with BetConstruct.
French operator Betclic Everest Group has continued its recent strong growth into 2019 after reporting a 27% year-on-year rise in net gaming revenue for the 12 months ended 30 June.
A trio of associations representing French land-based casino operators have called on the country’s government to confirm that La Française des Jeux (FDJ) will remain prohibited from offering casino games once privatized.
Following its recent B2C license suspension, EveryMatrix has partnered with compliance start-up beBettor in a bid to “radically improve” its UK operational compliance.
A GambleAware study, conducted in partnership with the Football Supporters’ Association, has shown only 10% of UK football fans believe their clubs are doing enough to encourage safe betting and educating supporters about the risks of gambling.
Betfred has become the latest operator to sign up for Gaming Innovation Group’s (GiG) marketing compliance solution GiG Comply.
OPAP-controlled online gaming operator Stoiximan Group has agreed a deal to launch a range of live casino content from Evolution Gaming.
888 is planning to establish an operation hub in the Spanish enclave of Ceuta in a bid to improve its tax efficiency in the Spanish market.
If you find our newsletters useful, your colleagues might too! Ask them to sign up here.