Vote Now for the Live Gaming Awards
On April 26, as part of the second annual Live Gaming Summit, the best performing live gaming operators of the past year will be presented with the inaugural Live Gaming Awards.
Winners will be determined by a public poll. All gaming and betting industry professionals, without exception, are welcome to cast their votes.
The Live Gaming Summit is bringing together providers, operators, experts, and other stakeholders to discuss the latest developments in the live gaming industry.
Representatives of leading operators and technology suppliers, such as LeoVegas, Genting, Rank, Unibet, GVC, Mr Green, Ezugi, MediaLive Casino, BetConstruct, and many others, have already confirmed their attendance. Can you afford to miss it? Register now!
Playtech Agrees Takeover of Italian Gaming Giant Snaitech
In a move to source a larger part of its revenue from regulated markets, British gambling technology company Playtech agreed to buy a 70.6 percent stake in Italian betting and gaming firm Snaitech for 291 million euros.
On completion of the deal, which is pending regulatory and shareholder approval, Playtech will be required to make a takeover bid for all the remaining shares in Snaitech.
Snaitech commands a leading position in the Italian retail betting sector and generated €890m in revenue last year.
“The acquisition of Snaitech represents the continuation of our strategy to invest in leading retail brands in fast growing, regulated markets,” said Playtech chief executive Mor Weizer.
The following upcoming events may be of interest to members of the GiH community.
- It’s Better Live! Join us for the 2nd Annual Live Gaming Summit in Barcelona, which is bringing together providers, operators, experts, and other stakeholders to discuss the latest developments in the live gaming industry on 26 April, 2018 at Casino Barcelona. Check out the event’s website for more details, or contact Willem van Oort at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sweden is on the verge of launching a fully-fledged licensing system for online gaming. Will the country become a new hub for the remote industry? Find out at the iGaming Summit: 26 April, 2018, Stockholm.
- Early bird tickets for the Gaming Summit, the conference of the German slot machine industry, on June 14 in Berlin are now available.
- In 2018, the iGaming Super Show, EiG and Amsterdam Affiliate Conference come together as iGB Live!, a consolidated three brand event. The first edition of iGB Live! will take place 17-20 July 2018 at The Amsterdam RAI.
- The International Masters of Gaming Law (IMGL) will be organizing their annual autumn conference in Prague, Czech Republic, 5-7 September 2018.
- Eurocoin Gaming is inviting its customers to participate in a two-day co-creation workshop in order to design a new game concept for the Dutch market on September 12-13.
- The 12th EASG Conference on Gambling Studies and Policy Issues is now scheduled for 11-14 September 2018 at the Grand Hotel Excelsior, Valletta, Malta.
- The 2018 edition of Blockchain Live will feature eight conference stages, including one focused on gaming and gambling. No less than 3,000 attendees are expected to gather in The Grand Hall, Olympia, London on September 26, 2018.
- The Lisbon Affiliate Conference will take place on 17-20 October 2018 and is expected to bring together the key stakeholders in the iGaming affiliate industry.
Announcing the 2018 Gaming in Holland Conference and Responsible Gaming Awards Dinner
Join us this June in Amsterdam for the seventh annual Gaming in Holland Conference.
As always, the GiH Conference is THE place to connect with all the key players in the Dutch gaming industry. Moreover, the 2018 edition will feature the presentation of the very first Responsible Gaming Awards at an exclusive awards dinner. Don’t miss it!
When & where
June 19-20 at De Hallen Studios in Amsterdam.
The seventh edition of the Gaming in Holland Conference will welcome as a special guest Guillermo Olagüe Sánchez, Deputy Head at the Spanish regulator DGOJ, to look back at Spain’s successful regulation of a healthy and growing online market.
Holland Casino CEO Erwin van Lambaart will deliver a keynote speech to kick off the second conference day.
Additional details are available here.
Introducing the Responsible Gaming Awards Dinner
As the Dutch market is slowly but surely opening up, it is becoming increasingly appropriate to recognize outstanding performers within the Dutch gaming industry.
Gaming in Holland, in close cooperation with, and supported by a wide range of stakeholders, has therefore decided to introduce the Responsible Gaming Awards.
The very first Responsible Gaming Awards will be presented on June 19 at an exclusive awards dinner for industry representatives, policy makers, and problem gambling care professionals.
The Responsible Gaming Awards Dinner promises to be the highlight of the GiH Conference, as well as a long overdue opportunity for the entire Dutch gaming industry to come together to celebrate its achievements.
More information regarding the Responsible Gaming Awards is available here.
The Netherlands Gaming Authority has opened a public consultation on a guidance document explaining relevant rules and regulations surrounding gaming machines to Dutch municipalities.
The Netherlands Gaming Authority assisted in a series of raids in the city of The Hague targeting a single operator of illegal betting terminals.
The Netherlands Gaming Authority has officially approved several new gaming machines for the Dutch market.
Partypoker LIVE will use Marcel Luske’s International Poker Rules, seeing them break away from the traditional standard set by the Tournament Director’s Association.
Representatives of German political party CDU/CSU are calling on state governments to negotiate a new Interstate Treaty on Gambling in order to create “sustainable, transparent and non-discriminatory gambling regulation in Germany.”
The Swedish government has said it has no plans to sell any part of state-owned Svenska Spel, despite concerns that the monopoly operator may have an unfair advantage in the portions of the market it will soon share with private operators.
SG Digital has become an associate member of Sweden’s Association for Online Games (BOS).
Slovenia’s move towards regulating online gambling has been derailed, as the government’s proposed bill failed to secure parliamentary support.
Italy’s lead regulatory body for gambling and betting services has launched a comprehensive self-exclusion program.
The UK gambling industry’s problem gambling charitable organization GambleAware has struck a deal with EPL side Crystal Palace to warn fans of the potential downsides of gambling.
Following an investigation into “Piegate,” the UK Gambling Commission penalized betting operator Tabcorp with new conditions attached to its gambling license and a fine of £84,000.
Malta-based performance marketing company Catena Media has agreed a deal to acquire German BrokerDeal.de for a fee of €3.6m.
Catena Media also agreed a deal to acquire French affiliate ParisSportifs.com for €8.2m.
Marathonbet has relaunched its online wagering site in Russia after it temporarily suspended the platform earlier this year.
SG Digital is ramping up its preparations for legalized sports betting in the US.
Professional athletes across the four major sports in the US demand “a seat at the table” if the leagues for which they play continue to embrace legal sports betting.
Icahn Enterprises has reached deals to sell its majority-owned subsidiary Tropicana Entertainment Inc. for $1.85 billion. Tropicana operates eight casinos and resorts in the US and Aruba.
Global casino resort developer Caesars Entertainment Corporation have announced plans to operate two hotels and a beach club in Dubai, which will be the first Caesars operated and branded properties not to offer gambling related services.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority has proposed to extend the country’s new gambling ad restrictions to online streaming.