Dutch Market Topic at Upcoming Betting on Football Conference
On Tuesday, March 20, well-known gaming lawyer Justin Franssen and Willem van Oort will hold a joint presentation on the Dutch market at the Betting on Football Conference at Stamford Bridge, London.
Betting on Football 2018 is the world’s largest sports betting industry event, held 20 – 23 March, featuring over 200 leading industry speakers, 50 sessions and panel discussions, as well as a keynote address by Ruud Gullit at the eSports Insider Super Forum, a part of the wider Betting on Football conference.
Don’t forget: members of the Gaming in Holland community are offered a 25% saving on the full ticket price. Simply enter the promotional code GIHBOF2018 when registering.
New Survey on Affiliate Marketing Available
Income Access, Paysafe’s marketing and technology services provider, has released a new survey report, titled State of Play: iGaming’s Affiliate Marketing Industry.
The report includes statistical and anecdotal insights on the current state of the affiliate marketing industry as well as expectations for 2018 and what trends will define the months ahead.
86% of respondents have mobile sites with corresponding traffic on the rise. 75% of respondents is currently focusing on the casino vertical, followed by sportsbook (42%) and bingo (40%).
Several affiliates also provided personal and anecdotal commentary about the current state of affiliate marketing and their expectations regarding the affiliate channel’s evolution.
The following upcoming events may be of interest to members of the GiH community.
- On 28-29 March, Novomatic subsidiary Eurocoin Gaming will be welcoming visitors to its “Open Days Experience” at its Waalwijk office.
- The next Slot Academy training course takes place 10-12 April in Leiden, The Netherlands. Download the course agenda here.
- The GamblingCompliance Global Regulatory Awards 2018, celebrating excellence in the field of regulatory compliance and responsible gambling, will be hosted at The Sheraton Grand Hotel, London – 18 April 2018.
- It’s Better Live! Join us for the 2nd Annual Live Gaming Summit in Barcelona, which is bringing together providers, operators, experts, and other stakeholders to discuss the latest developments in the live gaming industry on 26 April, 2018 at Casino Barcelona. Check out the event’s website for more details, or contact Willem van Oort at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early bird tickets for the Gaming Summit, the conference of the German slot machine industry, on June 14 in Berlin are now available.
- In 2018, the iGaming Super Show, EiG and Amsterdam Affiliate Conference come together as iGB Live!, a consolidated three brand event. The first edition of iGB Live! will take place 17 – 20 July 2018 at The Amsterdam RAI.
- The 12th EASG Conference on Gambling Studies and Policy Issues is now scheduled for 11-14 September 2018 at the Grand Hotel Excelsior, Valletta, Malta.
- The 2018 edition of Blockchain Live will feature eight conference stages, including one focused on gaming and gambling. No less than 3,000 attendees are expected to gather in The Grand Hall, Olympia, London on September 26, 2018.
- The Lisbon Affiliate Conference will take place on the 17th – 20th October 2018 and is expected to bring together the key stakeholders in the iGaming affiliate industry.
European Ombudsman Rejects Complaint against EU Commission’s Handling of Gambling Infringement Cases
The European Ombudsman has rejected a complaint submitted by the European Gaming and Betting Association (EGBA) concerning the European Commission’s failure to ensure that the regulatory framework for online gambling in certain Member States is in line with EU law.
In December 2017, the Commission suddenly decided to close all open gambling-related infringement complaints against Member States.
In its decision, the Ombudsman noted that the Commission has wide discretion on whether and how to pursue infringement cases and that the underlying legal issues can be addressed at the national level.
“If the Commission is not taking seriously its responsibility to uphold EU law and ensure Member States, like Hungary, comply with EU Court of Justice rulings, then who will?” asked Maarten Haijer, Secretary General of EGBA.
The Belgian Gaming Commission will continue to take “initiatives to protect youths and minors,” including the launch of an awareness campaign ahead of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the organization said in a press release.
Postcode Loterij founder Boudewijn Poelmann has been awarded the “IJ Prize” to celebrate his contributions to the social and cultural wellbeing of the city of Amsterdam.
The municipality of Eindhoven, in cooperation with the Netherlands Gaming Authority, is taking action against illegal gambling.
The Netherlands Gaming Authority conferred its annual thesis award to Tamsin van Steenis, whose research focused on attitudes toward the Dutch regulator among licensed operators in the Netherlands.
Holland Casino is looking to hire a Manager Services for its Scheveningen branch.
Popular UK-facing online casino Dafabet is preparing to call it quits due to growing regulatory pressure.
Malta’s online gambling regulator has parted company with several of its Italy-based licensees following a probe into their activities.
The Gibraltar government has signed a bilateral agreement with the UK to ensure online gambling operators based on the Rock can continue to provide services freely to the UK market after Brexit comes into force.
Danish gambling revenue for the final quarter of 2017 is up across the entire market. This includes online and land-based casinos, betting facilities and gaming machines.
GVC has released preliminary results for the full year of 2017, recording bumper figures across all divisions and growth in all primary verticals and markets.
Casumo has announced plans to launch a Kambi-powered sportsbook, with a focus on gamification and “social-style betting experiences.”
ComeOn’s no-registration casino brand Snabbare has launched an SBTech-powered sportsbook in Sweden.
Sportech Racing and Digital has agreed to provide new digital platforms for web and mobile betting on horse racing to Parx Racing at its racecourse in Pennsylvania, US, and associated off-track betting locations.
Paddy Power Betfair has set out plans to pursue further acquisitions in Australia after missing out on a deal for William Hill’s business in the country.
Paddy Power Betfair has cited growth within its sports betting division as one of the main reasons behind an increase in revenue in 2017.
Scientific Games has announced a number of senior appointments for its new SG Digital division.
Shareholders at Ladbrokes Coral approved the company’s merger with GVC Holdings. The deal was given the nod by GVC shareholders previously.
Self-nominations for the 2018 Global Gaming Awards in Las Vegas are now open.
Lottoland has launched a new online scratchcard, offering what it claims is the “world’s largest prize” of £10m.
Better Collective has announced the acquisition of Finnish affiliate Premium Administration OU.
FanDuel’s financial backers, who are led by private equity giant KKR, are reportedly searching for a buyer for the business.
MEVU’s P2P Wagering Platform, a beta version of which will be launched ahead of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, is integrating with the block-chain to allow individuals to bet on anything, anytime, against anyone through a peer-to-peer decentralized network.