NOTE: Unibet is partner of the Gaming in Holland Conference and Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet will hold his keynote speech in Amsterdam next Monday June 23rd.
Unibet’s Player Safety – Early Detection System is Innovation of the Year
Malta, 17 June 2014 – At today’s eGaming Review Awards ceremony in London, Unibet was awarded the Innovation of the Year Award for their innovative Player Safety – Early Detection System (PS – EDS). This award shows Unibet’s long time commitment to player safety, responsible gaming and to providing its customers a rewarding experience in a safe and secure digital entertainment environment.
About Player Safety – Early Detection System
As part of informed adult choice, Unibet’s innovative Player Safety – Early Detection System (PS – EDS) is based upon a multi-disciplinary combined approach of:
- Implementing latest empirical academic research in order to detect any problematic behaviour and benchmark with care centre field expertise
- Analysing customer behaviour to ensure customers stay in control and find gambling a rewarding experience
- Individually checking each detected customer by professionals and experienced 2nd line staff and – together with each individual customer – implement an individual and tailored solution that is accepted by the customer.
- Educating customers and informing them in their native language about the best possible tools to control their gambling behaviour and provide a secure gambling experience
- Training; besides the mandatory General Awareness e-Training across the group, provide tailored in depth training and support for customer facing functions
- Partnerships strengthen our know-how through cooperation with leading RG professionals and the expanding Unibet Network of cooperation with national care centres
Reaction of Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet
“Unibet’s proprietary early detection system (PS-EDS), which is unique in the industry, is the key to our Player Safety success, together with our highly skilled and trained staff”, says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet. ”We are very happy for this recognition, but not complacent. We will continue to invest in sustainable solutions that put the customer at the centre”.
“With this Award, Unibet demonstrates that with its innovative approach responsible gaming goes hand-in-hand with building a sustainable consumer centric online business. As a publically listed company, corporate social responsibility and sustainable solutions are of highest importance to our shareholders and our staff. For this reason, Player Safety and responsible gaming is one of the 3 pillars of our Corporate Social Responsibility strategy”.
About the eGaming Review Awards
The Operator Marketing & Innovation Awards reward and celebrate the most innovative and creative operators in the online gaming industry, recognising those who have pushed themselves to bring something new to the industry in the last 12 months. The selection process is based upon a panel of expert judges are carefully selected for their wealth of experience and expertise, as well as their absence of conflicts of interest. The judges are former CEOs, MDs and board directors of public companies and household name gambling brand, highly successful entrepreneurs and innovators; as well as key advisers to the industry. Performance, activity and initiatives between March 2012 and March 2013 will be taken into consideration by the judges. The judging process is rigorous andthorough to ensure that all the entries receive full consideration and that the true winners are chosen. A panel of industry professionals are involved in two separate judging stages.