On March 31st, the Danish Gambling Authority Spillemyndigheden published its Annual Results
Please note: 100 DKK = 13.40 EUR
Some Highlights are:
1: Breakdown of GGR on types of games
2: Betting and Online Casino
The total GGR for betting and online casino games was around DKK 2,375 mill. in 2013, of which approx. DKK 1,385 mill. was generated by betting and approx. DKK 990 mill. by online casino games, which is:
• approx. DKK 330 mill. above 2012, equal to an increase of approx. 16 pct.
• approx. DKK 210 mill. above 2012 for betting,equal to an increase of around 18 pct.
• approx. DKK 120 mill. above 2012 for online casino games, equal to an increase of approx
3: Quarterly trend in GGR for betting and online casino games
The quarterly trend in GGR displays the following characteristics:
• From the beginning of 2012 GGR for both betting and online casino games has been rising in most quarters.
• GGR for online casino games went down in Q3 in both 2012 and 2013; however, while the year’s weakest quarters for betting were Q2 and Q3.
• There was a seasonal effect for both betting and online casino games, meaning that the highest GGR may be expected in Q1 and Q4 of the year – particularly in Q4 – while the year’s lowest GGR may be expected in Q3.
4: Online market Quarterly trends
(in million DKK)
5: Number of Licensees and their Business Volumes
As of 1 January 2014, 31 gambling providers were licenced to provide betting, online casino games, or both on the Danish gambling market.The number was the same on 1 January 2013. The 31 licence holders had 29 licences to operate online casino games and 15 licences to operate betting at the beginning of the year.
In 2013 the licences to operate online casino games were still relatively evenly distributed:
• nine licence holders had a GGR of less than DKK 5 mill.
• ten licence holders had a GGR of between DKK 5 and 25 mill.
• ten licence holders had a GGR above DKK 25 mill.
In regards to betting licences with a GGR of less than DKK 5 mill. (seven licence holders) were overrepresented while three licence holders had a GGR above DKK 25 mill.
You can view the full report at this link