22 Sept. Gaming in Holland Conference live stream now available for international visitors
For international visitors who are unable to travel to Amsterdam on September 22, we offer a full conference live stream, covering all speakers and topics, for half the regular conference fee.
Remote participants will still be able to ask questions of our speakers through the Slido online engagement tool.
Sign up for the 2020 GiH Conference live stream here: https://bit.ly/333QHpt
Full GiH Conference agenda now available
The full GiH Conference agenda has now been published:
- Conference keynote – René Jansen, Chairman Netherlands Gambling Authority
- Covid–19 and problem gambling: What do we know? – Michael Auer, Director Neccton & Pieter Remmers, CEO Assissa
- Implementing the Remote Gaming Act: Traps and pitfalls ahead? – Maarten Haijer, Secretary General EGBA
- Land–based gaming gearing up for post–Covid KOA – Frits Huffnagel, Chairman VAN Kansspelen
- IMGL Masterclass: Licensing & lessons from abroad – Team KKF & Birgitte Sand, former Director General Spillemyndigheden
- Responsible advertising from an Italian and pan–European perspective – Mauro De Fabritiis, Founder MDF Partners
- Advertising and best practices in regulated EU markets – Anne–Jaap Snijders, CCO Kindred Group & Timothy Mastelinck, CMO betFIRST
- Why Responsible Gaming should be a marketing strategy – Arjan Korstjens, Owner ExPlayner
- AI and Responsible Gaming – Kim Mouridsen, Founder Mindway AI
- Responsible Gaming at Holland Casino: From land–based to online – Janny Wierda, Director of Security, Holland Casino, Francesco Rodano, Chief Policy Officer, Playtech & Simo Dragicevic, CEO, Playtech Protect
Additional details are available on our website.
Safe and fully Covid–19 compliant
- Conference venue allows guests to keep 1.5 meters distance at all times.
- Event will take place in a spacious room where you will be seated at large, round tables.
- No networking and social events, but full conference program.
- No queues: conference program and badge will be delivered to you by courier prior to the event.
- Special venue app that enables you to participate in our event safely and responsibly.
- Fully compliant with all applicable regulations and public health recommendations.
Please note: if you are forced to cancel your visit due to new Dutch or foreign government–mandated travel restrictions or quarantine measures, your registration fee will be fully refunded.
More information & registration
Visit our conference website for more information, or register now: https://bit.ly/2VcotFI
Netherlands Gambling Authority publishes Remote Gaming Act communications calendar
The Netherlands Gambling Authority has published a communications calendar which offers prospective dates on which the regulator will publish relevant information on the implementation of the Remote Gaming Act.
The regulator has published separate calendars for land-based incumbents, prospective remote license applicants, and other stakeholders.
The following events and webinars may be of interest to members of the GiH community.
- The 2020 Gaming in Germany Conference will take place October 19, 2020 in Berlin. Save the date!
- Betting on Sports America, the largest dedicated sports betting trade show in the world, returns to Meadowlands, New Jersey from 1 – 3 December.
- The World Gaming Executive Summit will return to Barcelona from 7 – 9 December. Key themes on the agenda include AI, the future of land–based gaming, CSR, sustainable marketing, regulation updates, fantasy sports, and emerging marketing opportunities.
- SiGMA Europe has moved its November event to 16 – 18 February , 2021.
- Join the iGaming Next Power Hour every Friday @3pm CET for a short, compact, educational and social weekly digital gathering with some of the brightest and most connected minds of the industry.
- Tune in September 24 for the VIXIO GamblingCompliance webinar “Mergers and Acquisitions in a Post–COVID Reality.”
Ministry of Justice announces entry into force of Remote Gaming Act on March 1, 2021 as political wrangling continues
Minister for Legal Protection, Sander Dekker has written to the Dutch Lower House that the Remote Gaming Act has now been scheduled to enter into force on March 1, 2021. The opening of the regulated online market will follow six months later, on September 1, 2021.
In a concession to land-based incumbents, the implementation of CRUKS, the national exclusion register, has been postponed to September 1, 2021 as well – contrary to the Ministry’s original intention to have CRUKS become operational for land-based operators simultaneously with the entry into force of the Remote Gaming Act.
The Permanent Committee for Justice and Security of the Dutch Lower House will discuss on September 23 how the Lower House will respond to the Ministry’s proposals.
Holland Casino in particular has been pushing for a much longer delay before the Remote Gaming Act enters into force, citing the disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic as a reason to further postpone implementation of the Act.
In response to questions tabled by MP Michiel van Nispen (SP) regarding news reports that a visitor of Holland Casino lost €250,000, Minister Sander Dekker writes that implementation of the Remote Gaming Act will further strengthen responsible gaming protections for visitors of land-based casinos.
Netherlands Gambling Authority chairman René Jansen defends the regulator’s policy to bar legally incapable visitors – even if accompanied by parents or other caretakers – from land–based casinos.
Paul Strikers has announced his departure as CEO of Novomatic Netherlands. Paul joined Novomatic Netherlands in 2013, after the Austrian gambling giant acquired Eurocoin Gaming BV.
Google is reportedly being investigated for potential breach of the Italian gambling advertising ban by communications authority AgCom.
US operator DraftKings has launched its first sports betting website in Ireland.
German gaming giant Gauselmann Group has reported a 6.7% year–on–year rise in revenue for its 2019 financial year.
Betway has signed a long–term partnership with Hertha Berlin to become the German football club’s exclusive sports betting partner.
Premier League newcomer Fulham has secured a two–year partnership with bookmaker BetVictor.
Lawmakers in the Czech capital Prague have voted in favor of a new decree that would implement a city–wide ban on slot machines.
DraftKings has appointed former basketball star Michael Jordan as a special advisor to the company’s board of directors with immediate effect.