VAN Kansspelen members adopt Covid-19 protocol, re-appoint Frits Huffnagel as chairman
During last week’s digital general members’ meeting, the members of trade association VAN Kansspelen have adopted the Covid-19 protocol that has been developed by the association’s central office and a members’ taskforce.
The Dutch government will mandate implementation of this protocol as a precondition for allowing the reopening of land-based arcade halls, regardless of membership of VAN Kansspelen.
The general members’ meeting also reappointed Frits Huffnagel for another one-year term as the association’s chairman.
Procedural meeting on Remote Gaming Act secondary legislation postponed until June 3
On May 7, the Dutch Ministry of Justice and Security published its response to written questions submitted by the Lower House Permanent Committe for Security and Justice on the secondary legislation that is to accompany the Remote Gaming Act.
The Permanent Committee for Justice and Security of the Dutch Lower House was originally scheduled to decide whether further Parliamentary action would be required during a procedural meeting on May 20.
This meeting was cancelled and has now been postponed until June 3, 2020.
While there seems little reason to expect further delays in the implementation of the Remote Gaming Act for purely political reasons, a limited implementation delay of one or two months because of the Covid-19 pandemic is now becoming increasingly likely.
The following events and webinars may be of interest to members of the GiH community.
Due to current events, most events that were to take place before the summer have been postponed.
However, the following events are still on track to take place later in the year.
- The 2020 Gaming in Holland Conference has now been scheduled on September 22, one day prior to iGB Live in the Amsterdam RAI. Combine two events with one visit!KSA chairman René Jansen will be keynote speaker at the 2020 GiH Conference. More info to follow soon!
- Betting on Sports America, the largest dedicated sports betting trade show in the world, returns to Meadowlands, New Jersey from 1 – 3 December.
- The World Gaming Executive Summit will return to Barcelona from 7 – 9 December. Key themes on the agenda include AI, the future of land-based gaming, CSR, sustainable marketing, regulation updates, fantasy sports, and emerging marketing opportunities.
Webinars & virtual events
- Don’t miss the Gaming in Spain webinar “A perfect storm? How to move forward in Spain’s new iGaming environment” taking place later TODAY AT 16:00 CET.
- On May 28, the EGR Weekly Virtual Series continues with “Percentage Play: How sports betting can fuel the US casino comeback and diversify risk”
KSA technical CRUKS specialist to participate in GiH webinar Q&A session
Join us TOMORROW, Thursday, May 28 at 15:00, for the Gaming in Holland webinar “Complying with CRUKS: Getting ready for the Dutch national exclusion register.”
In addition to an introductory speech by Netherlands Gambling Authority (KSA) chairman René Jansen, Jeroen Duurland, Project Manager CRUKS at the KSA, will be available to participate in the interactive Q&A session at the end of the webinar.
This is your chance to ask the regulator’s lead technical specialist YOUR questions about the implementation of the Dutch national player exclusion register.
We have added 15 minutes to the duration of the webinar, which will now run for a full hour.
- Janny Wierda, Director of Security at Holland Casino
- Frank Kastelijns, CEO of Hotel Gaming
- David Foster, Head of Regulatory Affairs at GVC
- Irwin Oedayrajsingh Varma, Managing Director of JanusID
The discussion will be moderated by Andrew Gellatly, Head of Global Research at VIXIO GamblingCompliance.
Register now: https://bit.ly/2zBvAzM
Former gambling addict and self-help coach Feite Hofman talks about the stresses his addiction created in his relationship with his partner Dorien.
According to the latest estimates by H2 Gambling Capital, the Covid-19 pandemic will set the global gaming industry back to 2011 levels, but the projected decline is now starting to level out.
To the dismay of licensed incumbents, Italy’s parliament has approved the introduction of an emergency “turnover tax” on betting and virtual sports wagers until 2022.
The Swedish government said it will exclude sports betting and horseracing betting from new deposit limit proposals.
Sweden’s licensed gambling operators reported revenue of SEK5.90bn (€559.0m) in the first quarter of 2020, down 1.4% from 2019.
UK betting shops have been cleared to reopen on June 15 if they can implement the government’s COVID-19 prevention guidelines.
Ireland’s retail bookmakers plan to reopen their shops on June 29.
Spain’s gambling regulator has warned some gaming venues that they must remain closed despite much of the country emerging from lockdown.
Nevada governor Steve Sisolak has set a target date of June 4 for the reopening of the state’s casinos.
Sportsbook and casino platform provider Digitain has scored an industry first by launching its live streamed table football feed.
Macau gambling mogul Stanley Ho has died at the age of 98.